Wise Tips for Choosing a Venue
Popular wedding venues can be booked up months, even years, in advance. So, make sure you have this in mind when you start planning.
You should also remember that Saturdays during the summer months are the most popular times of year and it can sometimes be difficult to secure your dream wedding venue. The Wise Weddings team of experts have put together a few tips to help you secure your dream wedding venue:
- Planning is key. Do your research and draw up a shortlist of what wedding venues are on offer in your area. The web and wedding directories are great sources.
- What are the catering facilities like and are specialist wedding caterers allowed?
- List the pros and cons of each venue to help you decide.
- Choose the wedding venues that match your needs – this will firstly depend on size to accommodate a small or large guest list.
- What is the venues appeal and does it fit with the theme of your wedding or reflect the couple’s character? A relaxed and fun atmosphere or a traditional and formal affair.
- Keep in mind the needs of your guests – if you have lots of children attending or elderly relatives ensure the wedding venue can accommodate them comfortably.
- What are the travel demands? You are unlikely to want to be getting married miles away from where you’re hosting your reception.
Wise Catering work in partnership with several prestigious wedding venues across Hampshire.
How will the majority of your guests have to travel to your wedding venue? Keeping it local will be more cost efficient for you and your friends and family.